Depok rape victim ‘expelled’ from school
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
A teenager in Depok, West Java, who was reportedly kidnapped and repeatedly raped by a Facebook “friend” has been expelled from school, her mother claims.
The 14-year-old girl, identified only as SAS, returned for classes at her school for the first time on Monday after a one-month absence following her traumatic ordeal, only to be told to return home as the school “could no longer a...
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Energy minister reported over mineral export ban relaxation
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy