Arrest of judge another blow to Supreme Court’s reputation
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Law and Human Rights Minister Amir Syamsudin downplayed on Wednesday the recent arrest of a judge by the National Narcotics Agency (BNN) for having a “drug party” at a Jakarta night club.
“The judge is just like other ordinary people. We can understand that the judiciary institution also has some officials using drugs. We need a culprit sometimes,” Amir, a former lawyer, told the pr...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal