Will the real language policy stand up?
Fenty Lidya Siregar
Wellington | Sat, November 3 2012 | 07:42 am
PREMIUMThe Education and Culture Ministry’s plan to scrap English from the elementary school curriculum has highlighted a number of pros and cons. Despite the controversy, I personally agree with the government’s policy.
However, will the real language policy stand up? Bernard Spolsky, a professor emeritus of linguistics in Bar-Ilan University’s department of English, employed the same ques...
- Jakarta officials confirm Ahok returned Rp 1.2b in operational funds
- 7 people caught red-handed by KPK in alleged bribery case
- Ahok resigns from post, returns money
- Ramadhan begins on Saturday, govt says
- Further attacks feared
- Five people arrested in relation to Jakarta twin suicide bomb attack
- Children’s book launched to promote Indonesian culture, wildlife
- Study finds moratorium does little to curb deforestation
- Maria Ozawa, Filipino-Spanish BF in first pictorial as a couple
- NU intensifies monitoring to curb radicalism during Ramadhan