Ratu Atut family stumbles in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
Ahmed Zaki Iskandar won the most votes in the regency election in Tangerang, Banten, that was held on Sunday, according to a quick count.
Zaki, the son of incumbent Tangerang Regent Ismet Iskandar, has apparently beat Aden Abdul Khalik, the brother in-law of Banten Governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah, who critics have said was attempting to establish a political dynasty in the province.
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report