Mining, plantation firms reported for rights abuses
The Jakarta Post
Mining and plantation companies are among the actors that should be held responsible for numerous human rights abuses in the country, according to a National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) report.
On Tuesday, the rights commission revealed that companies ranked second — trailing behind the National Police — in its list of institutions reported for human rights violations.
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry