Mining, plantation firms reported for rights abuses
The Jakarta Post
Mining and plantation companies are among the actors that should be held responsible for numerous human rights abuses in the country, according to a National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) report.
On Tuesday, the rights commission revealed that companies ranked second — trailing behind the National Police — in its list of institutions reported for human rights violations.
- Minister Sri Mulyani warns Freeport not to stop production
- Jokowi warns against 'excessive democracy'
- North Korean university seeks English teacher
- Tjahjo Kumolo remains firm on decision not to suspend Ahok
- French President, FM to visit Indonesia
- Saudi Arabia sees killed Densus 88 members as martyrs: Pramono
- Foreign researchers ‘steal’ Indonesia's genetic resources
- Government signs guarantee agreement for Rp 37.2t toll road projects
- Ahok, Djarot told to take leave again for runoff campaign
- Runoff campaign period set to start in early March