Mining, plantation firms reported for rights abuses
The Jakarta Post
Mining and plantation companies are among the actors that should be held responsible for numerous human rights abuses in the country, according to a National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) report.
On Tuesday, the rights commission revealed that companies ranked second — trailing behind the National Police — in its list of institutions reported for human rights violations.
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Bandung wants more than ceremonial switch-off
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Turkey might hold referendum on EU membership: Erdogan
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout