Mining, plantation firms reported for rights abuses
The Jakarta Post
Mining and plantation companies are among the actors that should be held responsible for numerous human rights abuses in the country, according to a National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) report.
On Tuesday, the rights commission revealed that companies ranked second — trailing behind the National Police — in its list of institutions reported for human rights violations.
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Nude rider arrested upon entering airport complex in West Kalimantan
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”