Mining, plantation firms reported for rights abuses
The Jakarta Post
Mining and plantation companies are among the actors that should be held responsible for numerous human rights abuses in the country, according to a National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) report.
On Tuesday, the rights commission revealed that companies ranked second — trailing behind the National Police — in its list of institutions reported for human rights violations.
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children