Mining, plantation firms reported for rights abuses
The Jakarta Post
Mining and plantation companies are among the actors that should be held responsible for numerous human rights abuses in the country, according to a National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) report.
On Tuesday, the rights commission revealed that companies ranked second — trailing behind the National Police — in its list of institutions reported for human rights violations.
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- Anies refuses to talk about programs until official election result
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- State lender BNI to open branch office in Melbourne