Enjoying ‘tuak’ in Batak country
Wan Ulfa Nur Zuhra
Lively: Lapo tuak or foodstalls where tuak is served are popular gathering places in North Sumatra. They also serve a variety of snacks.For the Batak community in North Sumatra, tuak (palm liquor) is not just for drinking binges. The beverage is mandatory at celebrations, and drinking tuak has become something of a tradition.
Five minutes past midnight a lapo tuak (tuak foodstall) is servi...
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health