Mob beats councillor to death in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Every vote counts: A Papuan casts his vote at Polling Station No. 1, Mekurima, Timika, Papua, in the gubernatorial election on Tuesday. Six candidates are vying for the resource-rich province’s top post. (Antara/Spedy Paereng)Tolikara Legislative Council member Husia Yosia Karoba was beaten to death by a mob at a polling station as Papuans elected a governor on Tuesday.
Papua Police deput...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu