Mob beats councillor to death in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Every vote counts: A Papuan casts his vote at Polling Station No. 1, Mekurima, Timika, Papua, in the gubernatorial election on Tuesday. Six candidates are vying for the resource-rich province’s top post. (Antara/Spedy Paereng)Tolikara Legislative Council member Husia Yosia Karoba was beaten to death by a mob at a polling station as Papuans elected a governor on Tuesday.
Papua Police deput...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares