Mob beats councillor to death in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Every vote counts: A Papuan casts his vote at Polling Station No. 1, Mekurima, Timika, Papua, in the gubernatorial election on Tuesday. Six candidates are vying for the resource-rich province’s top post. (Antara/Spedy Paereng)Tolikara Legislative Council member Husia Yosia Karoba was beaten to death by a mob at a polling station as Papuans elected a governor on Tuesday.
Papua Police deput...
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers