Mob beats councillor to death in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Every vote counts: A Papuan casts his vote at Polling Station No. 1, Mekurima, Timika, Papua, in the gubernatorial election on Tuesday. Six candidates are vying for the resource-rich province’s top post. (Antara/Spedy Paereng)Tolikara Legislative Council member Husia Yosia Karoba was beaten to death by a mob at a polling station as Papuans elected a governor on Tuesday.
Papua Police deput...
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed
- People with disabilities want quota of legislative candidates
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- Disney develops room that can charge devices
- Wanted ex-legislator in Depok arrested for drug possession
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Organizer says it has secured 11 major sponsorships for Asian Games