Mob beats councillor to death in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Every vote counts: A Papuan casts his vote at Polling Station No. 1, Mekurima, Timika, Papua, in the gubernatorial election on Tuesday. Six candidates are vying for the resource-rich province’s top post. (Antara/Spedy Paereng)Tolikara Legislative Council member Husia Yosia Karoba was beaten to death by a mob at a polling station as Papuans elected a governor on Tuesday.
Papua Police deput...
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry