Athletes, officials shocked by drop of tennis, gymnastics
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian gymnasts and tennis athletes lamented the exclusion of the two sports from the upcoming Southeast Asian (SEA) Games in Myanmar in December.
Indonesian Tennis Association (Pelti) chairman Wibowo Suseno Wirjawan said the athletes were shocked upon hearing the news. However, he said he was resigned to the decision.
“We believe the KOI [Indonesian Olympic Committee] has done...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte