Athletes, officials shocked by drop of tennis, gymnastics
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian gymnasts and tennis athletes lamented the exclusion of the two sports from the upcoming Southeast Asian (SEA) Games in Myanmar in December.
Indonesian Tennis Association (Pelti) chairman Wibowo Suseno Wirjawan said the athletes were shocked upon hearing the news. However, he said he was resigned to the decision.
“We believe the KOI [Indonesian Olympic Committee] has done...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research