Athletes, officials shocked by drop of tennis, gymnastics
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian gymnasts and tennis athletes lamented the exclusion of the two sports from the upcoming Southeast Asian (SEA) Games in Myanmar in December.
Indonesian Tennis Association (Pelti) chairman Wibowo Suseno Wirjawan said the athletes were shocked upon hearing the news. However, he said he was resigned to the decision.
“We believe the KOI [Indonesian Olympic Committee] has done...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews