Govt encourages sharia banks to take reins in managing haj funds
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Religious duty: Haj pilgrims depart from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Cengkareng, Banten. There are huge prospects for the management of pilgrimage funds by sharia banking institutions. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Performing the haj or pilgrimage is one of the pillars of Islam for Muslims who are physically and financially capable. It is a huge annual undertaking, especially for Indonesia with...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official