Indonesia and ASEAN beyond 2014
Jakarta | Thu, February 7 2013 | 10:02 am
PREMIUMLet me start with what the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) meant to Indonesia as it was declared on Aug. 16, 1966, at the opening session of the 1966/1967 House of Representatives by former president Soeharto in his role as chairman of the presidium of the AMPERA Cabinet.
He declared at the session that Indonesia would reinvigorate “Maphilindo in a broader environment in o...
- 11 Indonesians evacuated from clashes in Marawi
- South Jakarta to record newcomers, increase security
- Religious leaders call for bolder steps against intolerant, anti-Pancasila groups
- Four named suspects in case of alleged graft connected to BPK, ministry
- Anies Baswedan's brother passes away
- Former first lady calls for fight against intolerance
- ‘Jamu’ fuels Jokowi’s frenetic schedule
- Palembang develops colorful kampong for Asian Games 2018
- Klender station reopens
- Bogor ensures plentiful stocks of staple foods during Ramadhan