Central Java council deputy speaker sentenced to 3 years
The Jakarta Post
Riza Kurniawan: (Antara/Rekotomo)The Semarang Corruption Court on Friday sentenced Central Java Legislative Council Deputy Speaker Riza Kurniawan to three years in prison for embezzling social aid funds (Bansos) for religious activities.
The court also ordered him to pay a fine of Rp 100 million (US$10,355) or serve an additional six months in jail for graft.
The panel of judges fou...
- Police refute FPI’s accusation of unfair handling of Bandung clash
- Jl. Fatmawati to be closed for 6 months
- Harvard's digital photography course now available for free
- Anti-Ahok sentiment helps ex-president's son take the lead: Survey
- Vision, mission ‘less important’ for Jakarta voters: Study
- FPI threatens to report Megawati to police for blasphemy
- Prosecutors to present more remarks by Ahok
- Ahok’s lawyers refuse to continue hearing due to unscheduled witnesses
- Jakarta Police to question FPI leader for ‘spreading hatred’
- Pertamina allocates US$54 billion to strengthen upstream industry