Text your say: MRT and monorail projects
The Jakarta Post
Your comments on a statement made by Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo that construction of the mass rapid transit (MRT) and monorail projects would start this month as the Jakarta administration and central government had agreed their respective shares of funding:
It will help but don’t expect much if the behavior of motorists remains as it is now.
Monorail is only one of the must-have items in any metropolitan area including Jakarta.
Eddy Arjuna Zainy
The Jakarta Governor’s decision to start the construction of the MRT and monorail projects soon is not only assuring but most especially a sign that he is indeed bent on improving Jakarta to make it more decently livable.
We will all hope that somehow the construction will create a breakthrough to solve the city’s gridlock even if only partly in the beginning.
In the meantime ways and means will continually be introduced to expedite a solution to the capital city’s flood problems.
Jokowi has made a step closer to a giant program to solve Jakarta’s perennial flooding, along with his enthusiastic desire to help improve the capital city’s severe gridlock.
In the meantime more ideas are welcome to save our capital city from further inundations and gridlock.
I am with Jokowi in considering the proposed helping hands from China, Denmark and Korea. I understand he simply can no longer see the suffering of his poor, helpless people.
The sooner we can solve this perennial flooding and traffic gridlock the better for Jakarta’s further economic development.
For sure the construction of the MRT and monorail project will not solve the city’s notorious traffic congestion. But if you mean to ease it, the answer is yes.
Jokowi for president?
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo tops a survey’s list of potential presidential candidates. The survey indicated he was more popular than older hopefuls like Prabowo Subianto and Megawati Soekarnoputri. What are your thoughts on a potential Jokowi candidacy?
Send your thoughts by email, SMS, Twitter or Facebook.
Include your name and city.
- Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil apologizes for Christmas service raid
- Indonesian Military deploys personnel for Aceh quake relief
- Protest persecution of Rohingyas, not just Ahok: Malaysian PM
- Sari Roti stock down amid boycott campaign
- Indonesia advances to AFF Cup finals
- FPI won't gain popularity from recent anti-Ahok rallies, expert says
- Experiencing the beauty of the Balkans in Bulgaria
- Jokowi orders all-out rescue effort as Aceh quake death toll rises
- Indonesia’s ‘Single’s Day’ set to delight e-shoppers
- Strong earthquake destroys buildings in Aceh