Chevron faces Rp 100m fine if it flouts BI rule
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) revealed that US-based Chevron Pacific Indonesia, the country’s major oil producer, is subject to a Rp 100 million (US$10,304) fine should it continue to dodge the obligation to channel their dollar-based export revenues through local banks.
BI executive director for economic and monetary statistics, Hendy Sulistiowati, told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday that the central...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain