Chevron faces Rp 100m fine if it flouts BI rule
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) revealed that US-based Chevron Pacific Indonesia, the country’s major oil producer, is subject to a Rp 100 million (US$10,304) fine should it continue to dodge the obligation to channel their dollar-based export revenues through local banks.
BI executive director for economic and monetary statistics, Hendy Sulistiowati, told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday that the central...
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots