Chevron faces Rp 100m fine if it flouts BI rule
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) revealed that US-based Chevron Pacific Indonesia, the country’s major oil producer, is subject to a Rp 100 million (US$10,304) fine should it continue to dodge the obligation to channel their dollar-based export revenues through local banks.
BI executive director for economic and monetary statistics, Hendy Sulistiowati, told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday that the central...
- BTS’ ‘DNA’ enters Billboard’s 100 Best Songs of 2017
- Indonesian court rejects petition to outlaw premarital, gay sex
- Bali still safe for tourists: Governor
- Court ruling on extramarital, gay sex draws mixed reactions from netizens
- Indonesia under threat of deviant sexual practices: IPB professor
- Quebec probes ban on women at construction sites near mosques
- Indonesia's asbestos 'time bomb'
- City council building façade bulges out causing closure of footpath
- Pertamina to upgrade 3 refineries for processing sour crude oil
- Contemporary Minang dance praised in Vienna