FPI: Depok red-light raids ‘half-hearted’
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Multa Fidrus
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) in Depok gathered outside the mayoralty office compound on Friday to protest, what they deemed to be, the half-hearted raids in red-light areas by the Public Order Agency (Satpol PP).
The protesters demanded that the administration and the police permanently close venues they believed to accommodate prostitution in the municipality.
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research