FPI: Depok red-light raids ‘half-hearted’
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Multa Fidrus
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) in Depok gathered outside the mayoralty office compound on Friday to protest, what they deemed to be, the half-hearted raids in red-light areas by the Public Order Agency (Satpol PP).
The protesters demanded that the administration and the police permanently close venues they believed to accommodate prostitution in the municipality.
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Legal avenues should be used to work abroad: BNP2TKI
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Democracy will never go too far, lawmaker suggests
- Chinese Basketball Association elects Yao Ming as president
- Government orders another study into Benoa Bay reclamation project
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform