FPI: Depok red-light raids ‘half-hearted’
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Multa Fidrus
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) in Depok gathered outside the mayoralty office compound on Friday to protest, what they deemed to be, the half-hearted raids in red-light areas by the Public Order Agency (Satpol PP).
The protesters demanded that the administration and the police permanently close venues they believed to accommodate prostitution in the municipality.
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Bandung wants more than ceremonial switch-off
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Turkey might hold referendum on EU membership: Erdogan
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout