FPI: Depok red-light raids ‘half-hearted’
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Multa Fidrus
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) in Depok gathered outside the mayoralty office compound on Friday to protest, what they deemed to be, the half-hearted raids in red-light areas by the Public Order Agency (Satpol PP).
The protesters demanded that the administration and the police permanently close venues they believed to accommodate prostitution in the municipality.
- Not thieves, but wife, cleared funds out of customer account, says BRI
- Philippines tells UN it will quit ICC
- Indonesia wants Australia as full ASEAN member
- Will internet access in Bali be turned off at Nyepi?
- Lion Air, BRI promise affordable tickets to ‘New Balis’
- Japan's isolated older 'hikikomori' shun society for years
- Stan Lee cancels appearance at ComicCon Asia 2018
- GBK stadium to go dark for Earth Hour
- Katy Perry to bring 50 tons of cargo to Jakarta
- Indonesia, Australia to revisit maritime border agreement