FPI: Depok red-light raids ‘half-hearted’
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Multa Fidrus
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) in Depok gathered outside the mayoralty office compound on Friday to protest, what they deemed to be, the half-hearted raids in red-light areas by the Public Order Agency (Satpol PP).
The protesters demanded that the administration and the police permanently close venues they believed to accommodate prostitution in the municipality.
- This canine-inspired bootcamp invites you to 'work out like a dog'
- North Sulawesi students press government to dissolve radical groups
- FPI leader questioned for allegedly insulting rupiah
- SHORT STORY: Bygones
- Energy minister reported over mineral export ban relaxation
- China cracks down on tools used to get around web filters
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Samsung: Note 7 battery design, manufacturing caused fires
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia