NTT gearing up for ‘Semana Santa’
The Jakarta Post
Thousands of Catholic pilgrims have started arriving in Larantuka, East Flores, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), to attend Good Friday celebrations in the province.
Most of the pilgrims hail from the western region of Flores as well as various areas in Indonesia, including four journalists from Portugal who wished to cover the unique Semana Santa procession.
The Holy Week procession is org...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online