NTT gearing up for ‘Semana Santa’
The Jakarta Post
Thousands of Catholic pilgrims have started arriving in Larantuka, East Flores, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), to attend Good Friday celebrations in the province.
Most of the pilgrims hail from the western region of Flores as well as various areas in Indonesia, including four journalists from Portugal who wished to cover the unique Semana Santa procession.
The Holy Week procession is org...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'