Crowd rejects Palopo mayoral race result, burns five buildings
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Democracy in flames: A police water cannon struggles to put out the fire engulfing the Palopo mayor’s office in South Sulawesi on Saturday. The office was one of many public buildings attacked by supporters of the losing candidate in last week’s mayoral election. Antara/AwaluddinAn angry mob ran amok on Sunday at the editorial office of the Palopo Pos as well as four other building offices in ...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- What makes Bali hotels so popular among luxury travelers?
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 2018 regional elections: The basics
- Why West Java election matters to Jokowi, Prabowo
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official