As polls approach, only one priority bill passed in first House session
The Jakarta Post
The dedicated few: A plenary meeting marking the end of the current sitting season at the House of Representatives in Jakarta on Friday was attended by only 224 of the total 560 lawmakers. The high level of absenteeism, such as this, has been blamed for the House’s extremely low productivity. (Antara/Wahyu Putro)In yet another sign of poor performance, the House of Representatives endorsed only ...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Chinese giant jumps into $980m power plant, LNG projects