Beji LDII mosque development meets resistance
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Fikir Zaki Muhammadi
The Jakarta Post
Facing opposition: Two members from the Islamic Dakwah Indonesia Institution (LDII) stand outside their mosque in Pancoran Mas, Depok, on Friday. (JP/Yuli Tri Suwarni)Residents in Beji, Depok, West Java, have rejected the building of a mosque by the Islamic Dakwah Indonesia Institution (LDII), saying a new mosque is unnecessary in a neighborhood full of prayer houses.
Community unit leader ...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Construction of new Semanggi overpass to take only a month
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism