Beji LDII mosque development meets resistance
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Fikir Zaki Muhammadi
The Jakarta Post
Facing opposition: Two members from the Islamic Dakwah Indonesia Institution (LDII) stand outside their mosque in Pancoran Mas, Depok, on Friday. (JP/Yuli Tri Suwarni)Residents in Beji, Depok, West Java, have rejected the building of a mosque by the Islamic Dakwah Indonesia Institution (LDII), saying a new mosque is unnecessary in a neighborhood full of prayer houses.
Community unit leader ...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research
- Detainee escapes with prisoner van in Depok
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance