Beji LDII mosque development meets resistance
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Fikir Zaki Muhammadi
The Jakarta Post
Facing opposition: Two members from the Islamic Dakwah Indonesia Institution (LDII) stand outside their mosque in Pancoran Mas, Depok, on Friday. (JP/Yuli Tri Suwarni)Residents in Beji, Depok, West Java, have rejected the building of a mosque by the Islamic Dakwah Indonesia Institution (LDII), saying a new mosque is unnecessary in a neighborhood full of prayer houses.
Community unit leader ...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death