New firm to set up $61m resort in Bali
The Jakarta Post
Property firm PT Pecatu Adi Graha will build its first upmarket resort in Bali with a total investment of Rp 600 billion (US$61 million) this year.
Pecatu president director Abdul Kadir Alatas said the resort would be built on a 3-hectare plot of land in Pecatu, southern Bali.
'We are going to build an upscale hotel with 550 rooms and 35 units of exclusive villas in this area. The construction will take around 18 months so we expect to commence operations at the end of 2015,' Abdul said in Jakarta on Thursday on the sidelines of signing ceremony between PT Pecatu Adi Graha with international chain Pan Pacific Hotels Group, adding that the name of the hotel would be the Parkroyal Pecatu Bali Resort.
The facility, 20 minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport, will boast a golf course, waterboom and convention center, according to the management.
'As the country's most popular tourist spot and a favorite international destination, Bali needs a resort that offers many things to travelers, particularly foreigners who need to relax and spend some time in the island,' said Abdul.
The company, which is cooperating with Pan Pacific hotel management, was also looking at opportunities in other areas, like Lombok, a tourist destination that has become an increasingly attractive alternative to Bali, he went on.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group president and CEO Patrick Imbardelli said the group planned to operate four upmarket hotels in Indonesia over the next three years.
'We are in the process of building a Parkroyal Rainbow Hills in Bogor with a local partner. This hotel is going to enter the market in May next year with 285 rooms and conference facilities,' Patrick said.
He said the country's 'fantastic' economic prospects, large population and growing middle-class
had attracted the group to introducing the Parkroyal brand in the market.
'The market is excellent. We see enormous opportunities for this brand to continue to grow in Indonesia,' he said.
He hopes to introduce the Parkroyal brand in bigger cities such as Jakarta and Surabaya, East Java.
The firm is talking to local partners about more potential projects to be developed over the coming years, he said.
You might also like :
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Government to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape