Four Chinese arrested for drug smuggling
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Customs and excise officers have foiled attempts to smuggle more than 2 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine and 940 grams of ketamine worth a total of Rp 3.8 billion into the country from China.
Three Chinese nationals have been arrested in connection with the crime at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Tangerang.
Airport customs office chief Okto Irianto said on Thursday that one suspect, identified as ZC, 29, was a China South Airline (CZ-387) passenger who arrived at the airport in early April.
"Customs Tactical Unit [CTU] team members conducting profile analyses of passengers at terminal II, became suspicious of a Chinese woman who was looking nervous upon arriving at the terminal," he said.
The officers found the crystal meth in her luggage and the street value of the drugs were worth Rp 2.82 billion, Okto said.
On April 30, officers arrested three Chinese men identified as PZ, 23, SM, 29 and HL, 24 who arrived from Hong Kong with China Airlines (CI-679) following a tip off.
The officers found 488 grams of ketamine hidden inside the soles of SM's footwear and another 452 grams inside the soles of HL's footwear. PZ was allegedly a guide who was leading the other two to the buyer's address.
Laboratory test results from the Customs Goods Identification and Examination Center in Central Jakarta confirmed that the white powder was ketamine and crystal meth.
Ketamine is a drug used in human and veterinary medicine that has a wide range of effects in humans, including pain relief, sedation, hallucinations and elevated blood pressure.
Illegal drug distribution violates articles 196 and 197 of the 2009 law on health that carries a maximum 15-year imprisonment and a Rp 1.5 billion fine.
You might also like :
- Sandiaga Uno waiting for Ahok’s family’s permission to visit him
- North Sumatra police attacker spent six months in Syria: Police
- First female infantry captain marks change of the guard in London
- Clinton praises Aceh tsunami recovery efforts
- Over 8,000 migrants rescued in Med in 48 hours
- Telkomsel's data usage surges 136% during Lebaran
- Obama's vacation beneficial to Indonesia tourism: Minister
- Knife-carrying man nabbed for breaking into headquarters of Central Java Police
- Facebook to produce own TV series, games
- Jokowi donates staple food packages during hometown visit