Ahmad Dhani's son must get tough sanctions: Kompolnas
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The National Police Commission (Kompolnas) has said Abdul Qodir Jaelani alias Dul, an underage driver that was involved in a fatal traffic accident on the Jagorawi toll road that left six dead, must get tough sanctions.
'I think this is important to create a deterrent effect on other teenagers,' said a Kompolnas member, Hamidah Abdurrachman, in Jakarta on Monday, as quoted by Antara news agency.
In the traffic case, she said the commission concluded that Dul's parents might have greatly contributed to the incident.
'For parents whose children have yet to obtain a driver's license, they should not let them drive by themselves. They should be accompanied by parents or drivers,' said Hamidah.
The accident occurred when a Mitsubishi Lancer driven by Dul, the youngest son of musicians Ahmad Dhani and Maia Estianti, struck a central reservation before his car plunged into a different lane and hit two other vehicles.
The City Police on Monday named Dul a suspect in the accident.
While highlighting that the legal process should be allowed to run its course, Hamidah said Kompolnas also hoped that any punishment Dul was handed would not ruin his future.
Hamidah added, 'His parents should not be held responsible for the incident. Criminal sentences are an individual responsibility,' she said. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Hawaii shark bite victim previously attacked by bear, snake
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's
- EDITORIAL: Bending the car culture
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Tiket.com eyes 250 percent growth in ticket, tour package sales
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu