Ahmad Dhani's son must get tough sanctions: Kompolnas
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The National Police Commission (Kompolnas) has said Abdul Qodir Jaelani alias Dul, an underage driver that was involved in a fatal traffic accident on the Jagorawi toll road that left six dead, must get tough sanctions.
'I think this is important to create a deterrent effect on other teenagers,' said a Kompolnas member, Hamidah Abdurrachman, in Jakarta on Monday, as quoted by Antara news agency.
In the traffic case, she said the commission concluded that Dul's parents might have greatly contributed to the incident.
'For parents whose children have yet to obtain a driver's license, they should not let them drive by themselves. They should be accompanied by parents or drivers,' said Hamidah.
The accident occurred when a Mitsubishi Lancer driven by Dul, the youngest son of musicians Ahmad Dhani and Maia Estianti, struck a central reservation before his car plunged into a different lane and hit two other vehicles.
The City Police on Monday named Dul a suspect in the accident.
While highlighting that the legal process should be allowed to run its course, Hamidah said Kompolnas also hoped that any punishment Dul was handed would not ruin his future.
Hamidah added, 'His parents should not be held responsible for the incident. Criminal sentences are an individual responsibility,' she said. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement