Chinese State Councilor Yang to visit RI
The Jakarta Post
Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, one of the most powerful senior officials on the council, will arrive in Jakarta on Wednesday on a three-day tour, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
Yang, who is a career diplomat, was invited by the Indonesian government to participate in the bilateral dialogue mechanism meeting in Jakarta. He is scheduled to meet several senior Indonesian officials during his visit.
'At the invitation of Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Djoko Suyanto, State Councillor Yang Jiechi will pay a visit to Indonesia and co-chair with Minister Suyanto the fourth meeting of bilateral dialogue mechanism at deputy prime ministerial level from Sept. 18 to 20,' Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei said in a press release in Beijing on Monday.
The previous meetings were held in 2006, 2010 and 2012.
Yang, former Chinese foreign minister from 2007-2013, is the chief architect of China's foreign policy and his position is higher than the foreign minister and below the vice premier.
China's relations with Indonesia have been booming in many areas despite some problems in bilateral trade.
Last year, based on Chinese statistics, bilateral trade surged to US$66.21 billion, a 9.4 percent increase from $60 billion in 2011.
Both China and Indonesia, which established their strategic partnership in 2005, have set a $80 billion trade target between the two countries by 2015.
You might also like :
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau