Chinese State Councilor Yang to visit RI
The Jakarta Post
Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, one of the most powerful senior officials on the council, will arrive in Jakarta on Wednesday on a three-day tour, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
Yang, who is a career diplomat, was invited by the Indonesian government to participate in the bilateral dialogue mechanism meeting in Jakarta. He is scheduled to meet several senior Indonesian officials during his visit.
'At the invitation of Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Djoko Suyanto, State Councillor Yang Jiechi will pay a visit to Indonesia and co-chair with Minister Suyanto the fourth meeting of bilateral dialogue mechanism at deputy prime ministerial level from Sept. 18 to 20,' Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei said in a press release in Beijing on Monday.
The previous meetings were held in 2006, 2010 and 2012.
Yang, former Chinese foreign minister from 2007-2013, is the chief architect of China's foreign policy and his position is higher than the foreign minister and below the vice premier.
China's relations with Indonesia have been booming in many areas despite some problems in bilateral trade.
Last year, based on Chinese statistics, bilateral trade surged to US$66.21 billion, a 9.4 percent increase from $60 billion in 2011.
Both China and Indonesia, which established their strategic partnership in 2005, have set a $80 billion trade target between the two countries by 2015.
You might also like :
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Sharp Indonesia introduces new 12kg capacity washing machines
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage