PT Energi Mega Persada acquires oil and gas block in Mozambique
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
PT Energi Mega Persada Tbk. (ENRG) has acquired the oil and gas Exploration and Production Concession Contract (EPCC) for the Buzi Block in Mozambique, Africa.
ENRG will own 75 percent participating interest in the Buzi Block, partnering with the Mozambique government, which owns 25 percent through Empressa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos (ENH).
The block, acquired for US$175, is projected to start producing in 2017.
ENRG is funding the acquisition by internal cash flow and loan financing. The Buzi Block has caught the attention of many international oil and gas companies, especially after a 283-billion-cubic-foot gas reserve was recently discovered. The block has an additional 13.4 trillion cubic feet of prospective gas resources.
'Mozambique has emerged as a new giant in natural gas. More than 100 tcf [trillion cubic feet] were recently discovered, and Mozambique is the next emerging region for oil and particularly gas and could become the world's third largest exporter of liquefied natural gas [LNG].
A number of large multinational companies are actively exploring, appraising and developing their gas discoveries into LNG projects in Mozambique,' ENRG president director Imam Agustino said in an official press release Friday.
'We are happy that our entry into Mozambique is in the early stages of gas development and our partner is the government. This shows that an Indonesian oil and gas company can already compete internationally by focusing on technological innovation, transparency and fairness,' he said.
For the last several years ENRG have been actively acquiring oil and gas blocks in Indonesia and has been in search of new reserves abroad, considering the rising demand for energy in developing countries, especially in Asia and Africa.
You might also like :
- Rapper defiantly stares at eclipse, cancels shows
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- EDITORIAL: Dualistic authorities in Batam