NTB gets grants for roads from Oz
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) provincial administration has received grants from the Australian government worth A$12.2 million (US$11 million) for the improvement and upkeep of road infrastructure in the province, through the Provincial Road Improvement and Maintenance (PRIM) program for the 2013-2015 period.
The signing of the grant extension agreement between the provincial administration and the Finance Ministry was conducted at the NTB gubernatorial office on Thursday and was attended by representatives from the National Development Planning Board (Bappenas) and the Australian government.
' NTB was chosen as the first location for the project. If the pilot project is successful, then it will be implemented in other provinces,' said Bappenas transportation director Bambang Prihartono.
Meanwhile, NTB Deputy Governor Muhammad Amin said the total length of provincial roads connecting eight regencies and two cities in NTB stood at 1,772 kilometers, of which only 66.2 percent of them were in good condition as of 2012.
The total amount of funds for the 2013-2015 PRIM program in NTB, said Amin, was estimated to reach Rp 269 billion. The funds will be used for the routine maintenance of 1,121 km of roads, the finishing of a road project spanning 678 km, the periodic maintenance of 25 km of roads and the restoration of 30 km of roads.
The Rp 269 billion will derive from the A$12.2 million in Australian grant funds and the remaining funds will be allocated from the NTB provincial budget every year until 2015.
- The life lessons of ‘Goblin'
- Mother of deceased UII student files police report over alleged bullying
- PLN gives Pertamina more time in Java 1 project
- Domestic finance won't cost the Earth
- Mercedes-Benz begins local assembly of CKD E-Class
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Indonesia issues human rights decree for fisheries
- Ahok reports FPI leaders to police for perjury
- Newly-wedded Korean idols Rain, Kim Tae Hee arrive in Bali for honeymoon
- Eyewitness refuses to conclude Ahok committed blasphemy