Wawan's 'illicit' assets exceed Rp 50b: KPK
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) said that it had traced assets belonging to graft suspect Tubagus Chaeri 'Wawan' Wardana, totaling more than Rp 50 billion (US$4.1 million), in the form of plots of land and buildings allegedly related to money laundering.
An internal source within the KPK said that the assets of the brother of Banten Governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah, who the KPK has charged with corruption and extortion, were located mostly in Jakarta and South Tangerang.
'The initial tracing has found more than Rp 50 billion in total. The team is still working to trace more assets and the total result will likely surprise us,' the source said.
Wawan was arrested by the KPK on Oct. 3 last year for allegedly offering a bribe of Rp 1 billion to the former Constitutional Court (MK) chief justice Akil Mochtar in relation to the Lebak election dispute that was being adjudicated by the court. Atut was also named a suspect in the case.
The KPK also named Wawan a suspect in relation to the procurement of medical equipment in Banten and South Tangerang, which is led by Wawan's wife, Airin Rachmi Diany, as mayor.
You might also like :
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- Indonesia's most popular Google searches in 2017 revealed
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Indonesia among Asia Pacific countries with slowest internet connection
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Indonesia, Freeport said to near new deal for giant copper mine
- 1,000 police officers to guard DWP music festival
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Go-Jek acquires three companies to dominate payment in Indonesia