Wawan's 'illicit' assets exceed Rp 50b: KPK
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) said that it had traced assets belonging to graft suspect Tubagus Chaeri 'Wawan' Wardana, totaling more than Rp 50 billion (US$4.1 million), in the form of plots of land and buildings allegedly related to money laundering.
An internal source within the KPK said that the assets of the brother of Banten Governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah, who the KPK has charged with corruption and extortion, were located mostly in Jakarta and South Tangerang.
'The initial tracing has found more than Rp 50 billion in total. The team is still working to trace more assets and the total result will likely surprise us,' the source said.
Wawan was arrested by the KPK on Oct. 3 last year for allegedly offering a bribe of Rp 1 billion to the former Constitutional Court (MK) chief justice Akil Mochtar in relation to the Lebak election dispute that was being adjudicated by the court. Atut was also named a suspect in the case.
The KPK also named Wawan a suspect in relation to the procurement of medical equipment in Banten and South Tangerang, which is led by Wawan's wife, Airin Rachmi Diany, as mayor.
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash