Wawan's 'illicit' assets exceed Rp 50b: KPK
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) said that it had traced assets belonging to graft suspect Tubagus Chaeri 'Wawan' Wardana, totaling more than Rp 50 billion (US$4.1 million), in the form of plots of land and buildings allegedly related to money laundering.
An internal source within the KPK said that the assets of the brother of Banten Governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah, who the KPK has charged with corruption and extortion, were located mostly in Jakarta and South Tangerang.
'The initial tracing has found more than Rp 50 billion in total. The team is still working to trace more assets and the total result will likely surprise us,' the source said.
Wawan was arrested by the KPK on Oct. 3 last year for allegedly offering a bribe of Rp 1 billion to the former Constitutional Court (MK) chief justice Akil Mochtar in relation to the Lebak election dispute that was being adjudicated by the court. Atut was also named a suspect in the case.
The KPK also named Wawan a suspect in relation to the procurement of medical equipment in Banten and South Tangerang, which is led by Wawan's wife, Airin Rachmi Diany, as mayor.
You might also like :
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning