World leaders congratulate Jokowi
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Only a few minutes after the General Elections Commission (KPU) announced the Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo-Jusuf Kalla ticket as the winner of the 2014 presidential election, global leaders congratulated the president-elect through their social media accounts.
Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong through his Twitter account @leehsienloong said: "Congratulations to @jokowi_do2 Look forward to working with him to strengthen Indonesia-S'pore relations. ' LHL."
Tweets written by Lee himself are signed LHL.
The same sentiment was also expressed by Stig Traavik, Norway's ambassador to Indonesia. Through his Twitter account @DubesNorwegia, he said : Dear Mr. President elect @jokowi_do2 -congratulations! I hope you all continue to bike to work at the Palace! @b2w." (nfo)
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky