Putting it briefly: Anthony wins bronze at Youth Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Young Indonesian shuttler Anthony Sinisuka Ginting won the bronze medal in badminton at the Youth Olympics in Nanjing, China, on Friday, according to a release from the Indonesian Badminton Association.
'I'm very pleased to have won this medal, although it is only bronze, which falls short of my gold target,' Anthony said.
The player from SGS PLN Bandung finished in third place in the men's singles after beating Aditya Joshi of India 21-17, 21-16. The victory was sweet revenge for the Indonesian following his loss at the Asia Junior Championships.
Host China was assured of the top two places, with the final to be played between teammates, while the gold medal in the women's singles was up for grabs between Japan's Akane Yamaguchi and China's He Bing Jiao.
Indonesia is fielding 27 athletes in 10 sports at the Youth Games, which runs from Aug. 16 to 28.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...