Extra security for 49 industrial firms, 14 industrial estates
The Jakarta Post
In an effort to create a climate conducive to investment, the Industry Ministry has guaranteed an added layer of security for 49 industrial firms and 14 industrial estates.
Under the certification scheme for industry-sector national vital objects (OVNI), Industry Minister MS Hidayat said he hoped to make Indonesia more attractive to investors by beefing up security for strategic national assets.
"Indonesia's economy-driving industries hold a very strategic role, contributing 21 percent to the GDP over the last 5 years, with an average growth rate of 6 percent per year," Hidayat said on Tuesday.
Hidayat added that OVNI status grants industrial firms and estates an added layer of security with the help of the National Police's directorate of vital object security. He also said that the level of security provided depended on the investment value, the location's size and the total number of workers employed, among other factors. (ren)
You might also like :
- Hawaii shark bite victim previously attacked by bear, snake
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's
- EDITORIAL: Bending the car culture
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Tiket.com eyes 250 percent growth in ticket, tour package sales
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu