Extra security for 49 industrial firms, 14 industrial estates
The Jakarta Post
In an effort to create a climate conducive to investment, the Industry Ministry has guaranteed an added layer of security for 49 industrial firms and 14 industrial estates.
Under the certification scheme for industry-sector national vital objects (OVNI), Industry Minister MS Hidayat said he hoped to make Indonesia more attractive to investors by beefing up security for strategic national assets.
"Indonesia's economy-driving industries hold a very strategic role, contributing 21 percent to the GDP over the last 5 years, with an average growth rate of 6 percent per year," Hidayat said on Tuesday.
Hidayat added that OVNI status grants industrial firms and estates an added layer of security with the help of the National Police's directorate of vital object security. He also said that the level of security provided depended on the investment value, the location's size and the total number of workers employed, among other factors. (ren)
You might also like :
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement