Extra security for 49 industrial firms, 14 industrial estates
The Jakarta Post
In an effort to create a climate conducive to investment, the Industry Ministry has guaranteed an added layer of security for 49 industrial firms and 14 industrial estates.
Under the certification scheme for industry-sector national vital objects (OVNI), Industry Minister MS Hidayat said he hoped to make Indonesia more attractive to investors by beefing up security for strategic national assets.
"Indonesia's economy-driving industries hold a very strategic role, contributing 21 percent to the GDP over the last 5 years, with an average growth rate of 6 percent per year," Hidayat said on Tuesday.
Hidayat added that OVNI status grants industrial firms and estates an added layer of security with the help of the National Police's directorate of vital object security. He also said that the level of security provided depended on the investment value, the location's size and the total number of workers employed, among other factors. (ren)
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem