E. Java to establish film censorship board
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The East Java administration will establish its own Film Censorship Board (LSF) to ensure that films produced in the province adhere to cultural values and promote educational themes.
National Film Censorship Board chief Mukhlis Paeni said that it was important for East Java to form a censorship board because the region was one of the most prolific film production areas in Indonesia, hosting many production houses, cinemas and local television stations.
'Films do not have to be edited by or seek authorization from a censorship body in Jakarta. With a censorship board in East Java, the task can be done there,' Mukhlis said on Wednesday as quoted by kontan.co.id.
He expressed his hope that the censorship board would open by next year.
After being established, the regional board will have the same functions as the central censorship board in researching and evaluating films due to be shown in theaters or on television stations.
The East Java administration will choose the employees, who will then be evaluated by the central board in Jakarta.
Mukhlis added that there needed to be at least nine people working on the regional board. The Central Film Censorship Board is responsible for editing and approving films that are to be distributed and screened nationwide, and has the final say on whether a film is appropriate for viewing. (dyl/ebf)(++++)
You might also like :
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods