E. Java to establish film censorship board
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The East Java administration will establish its own Film Censorship Board (LSF) to ensure that films produced in the province adhere to cultural values and promote educational themes.
National Film Censorship Board chief Mukhlis Paeni said that it was important for East Java to form a censorship board because the region was one of the most prolific film production areas in Indonesia, hosting many production houses, cinemas and local television stations.
'Films do not have to be edited by or seek authorization from a censorship body in Jakarta. With a censorship board in East Java, the task can be done there,' Mukhlis said on Wednesday as quoted by kontan.co.id.
He expressed his hope that the censorship board would open by next year.
After being established, the regional board will have the same functions as the central censorship board in researching and evaluating films due to be shown in theaters or on television stations.
The East Java administration will choose the employees, who will then be evaluated by the central board in Jakarta.
Mukhlis added that there needed to be at least nine people working on the regional board. The Central Film Censorship Board is responsible for editing and approving films that are to be distributed and screened nationwide, and has the final say on whether a film is appropriate for viewing. (dyl/ebf)(++++)
You might also like :
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Supreme Court receives Ahok’s case review petition
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq