'The Jakarta Post' journalist wins Adam Malik award
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post journalist Bagus BT Saragih has won a prestigious Adam Malik award in the best journalist category from the Foreign Ministry for his writings on international news and matters related to Indonesia diplomacy in 2014.
'The appointed media and journalists will be granted the chance to cover an international conference that will be attended by the foreign minister,' Siti Sofia Sudarma, the ministry's director of information and media, told a gathering organized to honor the award on
Along with Bagus, the ministry has also granted Adam Malik awards to morning daily Kompas in the print media category, national news agency Antara for wires, Radio Republik Indonesia (RRI) for radio and Metro TV for news television.
The Adam Malik award, which takes its name from a former journalist-turned-foreign minister, was won by the Post's journalists for several times.
The ministry first presented its awards to the national media in 2002.
The Post allocates almost four pages to international news, views and analysis every day.
It has a special column called 'Diplomatic Notes' that covers the activities of the ministry, foreign embassies in Jakarta, Indonesian embassies abroad and different foreign communities living in Indonesia. (dic/nfo)
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC