Kalla pays respect to former NTT governor's family
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Vice President Jusuf Kalla on Thursday morning made a condolence visit to the house of former East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) governor Aloysius Benedictus 'Ben' Mboi who passed away due to illness early on Tuesday.
The Vice President departed to the private residence of Ben Mboi, who is also husband of former Health Minister Nafsiah Mboi, on Jl. Muhasyim VII, Cilandak, South Jakarta, at 8:30 a.m. The former governor's body will be laid to rest at the Kalibata Heroes Cemetery in South Jakarta on Thursday.
Kupang mayor Jonas Salean said that initially the NTT administration expected that Ben Mboi could be buried at the Dharma Loka Heroes Cemetery in Kupang, considering that he helped develop NTT through various programs, such as Operation Nusa Makmur, Operation Nusa Hijau and Operation Nusa Sehat.
'Respecting the decision of the Indonesian government, both the Kupang administration and the people have accepted wholeheartedly that Bapak Ben Mboi will be buried at the Kalibata Heroes Cemetery, Jakarta, due to his position as a local and national leader,' said Jonas.
Ben, a military doctor, served as NTT governor from 1978 to 1988. He was born in Ruteng, West Manggarai regency, Flores, on May 22, 1935. Ben Mboi has three children from his marriage with Nafsiah Mboi. (ebf)(+++)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump