Can't find what you're looking for?
View all search resultsCan't find what you're looking for?
View all search resultsMalaysia says most of the debris found in Maldives were not from a plane and are unrelated to the missing Malaysian jet
Malaysia says most of the debris found in Maldives were not from a plane and are unrelated to the missing Malaysian jet.
Last week, Malaysia said a wing fragment found on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion was confirmed to be from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. The plane disappeared March 8, 2014, with 239 people aboard while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
Media reports in Maldives indicated debris found in recent weeks was brought to authorities' attention following the discovery on Reunion.
Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said Friday a Malaysian team sent to Maldives found that "most of the debris are negative. They are not related to MH370 and they are not plane material."
It is unclear if all the debris found in Maldives has been examined.(+++)
Share your experiences, suggestions, and any issues you've encountered on The Jakarta Post. We're here to listen.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.
Quickly share this news with your network—keep everyone informed with just a single click!
Share the best of The Jakarta Post with friends, family, or colleagues. As a subscriber, you can gift 3 to 5 articles each month that anyone can read—no subscription needed!
Get the best experience—faster access, exclusive features, and a seamless way to stay updated.