Air Force training aircraft crashes into homes in Malang
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A training aircraft of the Air Force crashed in a densely populated area of Malang, East Java, on Wednesday morning injuring three people.
Antara news agency reports that the aircraft, a Brazilian-made Super Tucano, crashed on Jl. LA Sucipto in Blimbing in Malang at around 10:40 a.m.
A witness identified as Ananda, whose house is near the scene, said the aircraft was circling in the air before taking a nosedive.
The aircraft, flying from Abdul Rahman Saleh Air Force base in Malang, crashed not far from the air base.
The aircraft pilot Maj. Ifi, his co-pilot Syaiful and a local woman identified as Pujianto were taken to Syaiful Anwar Hospital in Malang, following the incident, Antara reported.
Traffic congestion occurred in the Blimbing area following the crash as several ambulances, firetrucks and police rushed to the scene.
Abdul Rahman Saleh Airport spokesman chief Maj. Sus Hamdi Londong Alu confirmed the crash but could not provide further information.
The story is developing. (rin)(+)
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Police satisfied with peaceful anti-Ahok rally
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- House of Representatives remained secure, police chief says
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects