Air Force training aircraft crashes into homes in Malang
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A training aircraft of the Air Force crashed in a densely populated area of Malang, East Java, on Wednesday morning injuring three people.
Antara news agency reports that the aircraft, a Brazilian-made Super Tucano, crashed on Jl. LA Sucipto in Blimbing in Malang at around 10:40 a.m.
A witness identified as Ananda, whose house is near the scene, said the aircraft was circling in the air before taking a nosedive.
The aircraft, flying from Abdul Rahman Saleh Air Force base in Malang, crashed not far from the air base.
The aircraft pilot Maj. Ifi, his co-pilot Syaiful and a local woman identified as Pujianto were taken to Syaiful Anwar Hospital in Malang, following the incident, Antara reported.
Traffic congestion occurred in the Blimbing area following the crash as several ambulances, firetrucks and police rushed to the scene.
Abdul Rahman Saleh Airport spokesman chief Maj. Sus Hamdi Londong Alu confirmed the crash but could not provide further information.
The story is developing. (rin)(+)
You might also like :
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Government reshuffles directors of railway firms
- Man refuses bicycle prize from President Jokowi
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning