Air Force training aircraft crashes into homes in Malang
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A training aircraft of the Air Force crashed in a densely populated area of Malang, East Java, on Wednesday morning injuring three people.
Antara news agency reports that the aircraft, a Brazilian-made Super Tucano, crashed on Jl. LA Sucipto in Blimbing in Malang at around 10:40 a.m.
A witness identified as Ananda, whose house is near the scene, said the aircraft was circling in the air before taking a nosedive.
The aircraft, flying from Abdul Rahman Saleh Air Force base in Malang, crashed not far from the air base.
The aircraft pilot Maj. Ifi, his co-pilot Syaiful and a local woman identified as Pujianto were taken to Syaiful Anwar Hospital in Malang, following the incident, Antara reported.
Traffic congestion occurred in the Blimbing area following the crash as several ambulances, firetrucks and police rushed to the scene.
Abdul Rahman Saleh Airport spokesman chief Maj. Sus Hamdi Londong Alu confirmed the crash but could not provide further information.
The story is developing. (rin)(+)
You might also like :
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Headless torso found in Danish waters is missing journalist
- West Jakarta to collect tax arrears for hundreds of rental cars
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- South Africa's first online rhino horn auction set to open