Air Force training aircraft crashes into homes in Malang
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A training aircraft of the Air Force crashed in a densely populated area of Malang, East Java, on Wednesday morning injuring three people.
Antara news agency reports that the aircraft, a Brazilian-made Super Tucano, crashed on Jl. LA Sucipto in Blimbing in Malang at around 10:40 a.m.
A witness identified as Ananda, whose house is near the scene, said the aircraft was circling in the air before taking a nosedive.
The aircraft, flying from Abdul Rahman Saleh Air Force base in Malang, crashed not far from the air base.
The aircraft pilot Maj. Ifi, his co-pilot Syaiful and a local woman identified as Pujianto were taken to Syaiful Anwar Hospital in Malang, following the incident, Antara reported.
Traffic congestion occurred in the Blimbing area following the crash as several ambulances, firetrucks and police rushed to the scene.
Abdul Rahman Saleh Airport spokesman chief Maj. Sus Hamdi Londong Alu confirmed the crash but could not provide further information.
The story is developing. (rin)(+)
You might also like :
- Big Bad Wolf 2018 to offer Mandarin books
- Essential guide to remote travel in eastern Indonesia
- The skinny on McDonald’s Indonesia ‘nasi uduk’ set
- Jakarta to open first two-pronged underpass to public
- 100 'ojek' drivers gather at Central Jakarta apartment complex after alleged assault
- African nations are now more like Wakanda: Foreign Ministry
- Woman dies at Soekarno-Hatta after arriving from Sydney
- Five Indonesians on Saudi’s death row because of ‘magic’
- More than 130 pilot whales die in mass Australia beaching
- Indonesia calls for joint effort to tax Google, Facebook, Amazon