Air Force training aircraft crashes into homes in Malang
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A training aircraft of the Air Force crashed in a densely populated area of Malang, East Java, on Wednesday morning injuring three people.
Antara news agency reports that the aircraft, a Brazilian-made Super Tucano, crashed on Jl. LA Sucipto in Blimbing in Malang at around 10:40 a.m.
A witness identified as Ananda, whose house is near the scene, said the aircraft was circling in the air before taking a nosedive.
The aircraft, flying from Abdul Rahman Saleh Air Force base in Malang, crashed not far from the air base.
The aircraft pilot Maj. Ifi, his co-pilot Syaiful and a local woman identified as Pujianto were taken to Syaiful Anwar Hospital in Malang, following the incident, Antara reported.
Traffic congestion occurred in the Blimbing area following the crash as several ambulances, firetrucks and police rushed to the scene.
Abdul Rahman Saleh Airport spokesman chief Maj. Sus Hamdi Londong Alu confirmed the crash but could not provide further information.
The story is developing. (rin)(+)
- Food that can help your skin heal more quickly
- For train lovers, a bargain 760-km trip may be just the ticket
- BI pushes 'waqf' development as financial welfare instrument
- Ahok still busy on his last day in office
- Ahok sets Jakarta minimum wage at Rp 3.35m
- BREAKING NEWS: Judges sentence Jessica to 20 years in prison
- Indonesia brings home Miss Grand International 2016 title
- 'I don't accept the verdict': Jessica
- Judges find Jessica guilty despite lack of eyewitnesses
- Seeking true happiness through meditation