Former W.Sumatra gov, agrarian minister Hasan Basri Durin passes away
The Jakarta Post
Former West Sumatra governor and agrarian state minister Hasan Basri Durin passed away at the age of 81 early on Saturday in Pancoran, South Jakarta, after being in treatment at a private hospital in South Jakarta since March 21.
"He will be buried at Kalibata Heroes Cemetery in South Jakarta after noon prayer,” one of his relatives told Antara news agency on Saturday.
Hasan is survived by four children and 11 grandchildren.
He was born on Jan. 15, 1935 in Nagari Jaho, Tanah Datar, West Sumatra.
He served as Padang mayor for two terms from 1973 to 1983 before he took office as West Sumatra governor, also for two terms, from 1987 to 1992. He was appointed agrarian state minister during the administration of the then president BJ Habibie from 1998 to 1999. (dmr)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump