20 people killed in traffic accidents in West Java during Idul Fitri holidays
The Jakarta Post
At least 20 people died in traffic accidents in West Java during the two-week long implementation of Operation Ramadniya 2016 during the Idul Fitri holidays.
Six people died along exodus routes spread across Java's northern coastal area (Pantura) and toll roads. Meanwhile, 14 other victims died outside of exodus routes but during the operation that ran seven days prior to and two days after Idul Fitri.
The victims died in 78 traffic accidents, West Java Police spokesman Sr.Cmr. Yusri Yunus said on Sunday. The most fatal traffic accident occurred when nine people died in a collision in Cimahi on Friday afternoon when a bus carrying 25 passengers collided with two cars and three motorcycles.
The National Police launched the nationwide Operation Ramadniya 2016 to step up security of vital locations and manage traffic during the mass exodus for the Idul Fitri holidays. (rin)
You might also like :
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world