No sole candidate loses elections
The Jakarta Post
All sole candidates running for regional head in the 2017 elections have won a majority in their respective areas, the General Elections Commission (KPU) has reported.
Based on a preliminary KPU vote count, all sole candidates in nine regions were chosen over blank boxes on ballots in the Feb.15 election day, kompas.com has reported.
Data published on the commission’s official website on Friday morning shows that although the calculation of recapitulation documents, or C1 forms, was not complete, there were indications that sole candidates emerged the winners.
Most sole candidates won more than 70 percent of the vote in their respective areas.
In West Tulang Bawang, Lampung, incumbent candidate pair Umar Ahmad and Fauzi Hasan won 96.75 percent of the vote.
Karolin Margret Natasa and Herculanus Heriadi, the candidate pair from Landak, West Kalimantan, secured 96.62 of the vote.
Buton Regent Samsu Umar Abdul Samiun, who has been detained by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK), also won more than a half of the vote. With his running mate, La Bakry, Umar secured 27,512 votes, or 55.08 percent of the vote.
As of Friday noon, four regions had not completed the calculation of their C1 forms. They are Central Maluku (Maluku), Jayapura (Papua), Sorong (West Papua) and Tambrauw (West Papua). (ebf)
Below is a list of regions with completed C1 form calculations:
1.West Tulang Bawang (Lampung) -- Umar Ahmad and Fauzi Hasan 167,284 votes (96.75 percent), blank box 5,625 votes (3.25 percent)
2.Tebing Tinggi (North Sumatra) -- Umar Zunaidi Hasibuan and Oki Doni Siregar 41,937 votes (71.39 percent), blank box 16,807 votes (28.61 percent)
3.Buton (Southeast Sulawesi) -- Samsu Umar Abdul Samiun and La Bakry 27,512 votes (55.08 percent), blank box 22,438 votes (44.92 percent)
4.Landak (West Kalimantan) -- Karolin Margret Natasa and Herculanus Heriadi 226,378 votes (96.62 percent), blank box 7,910 votes (3.38 percent)
5.Pati -- Haryanto and Saiful Arifin 519,688 votes (74.52 percent), blank box 177,682 votes (25.48 percent).
You might also like :
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- West Sulawesi struggles to improve education, health