Shortcut canal in pipeline to prevent future floods on Serpong toll road
The Jakarta Post
After a flood on Tuesday, the South Tangerang administration plans to make a shortcut canal in Cibenda River in South Tangerang, Banten, to prevent future floods from reaching the toll road connecting Jakarta to BSD City in Serpong district.
High-intensity rainfall caused the Cibenda River to overflow and inundate the toll road with up to 30 centimeters of floodwater. The flood caused traffic jams on the toll road.
The city’s mayor, Airin Rachmi Diany, said the administration would coordinate with PT BSD Tol, the operator of the toll road, and the Ciliwung-Cisadane Flood Control Office (BBWSCC) to make the shortcut canal.
(Read also: 54 areas in Jakarta hit by floods)
“I sent a letter to BBWSCC earlier. I still have to send another letter stating that PT BSD Tol will have permission to build the canal,” Airin said as quoted by tempo.co.
Heavy rain caused flooding in nine areas in South Tangerang on Tuesday, including the BSD toll road, Jl. Aryaputera in Ciputat and several residential areas in Pondok Aren. The area most severely affected by flooding was Kampung Bulak in Pondok Aren, South Tangerang. (kkk)
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC