Ratu Atut indicted for allegedly causing Rp 80b in state losses
The Jakarta Post
Graft defendant and former Banten governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah has been indicted for allegedly inflicting Rp 79.79 billion (US$5.95 million) in state losses by allegedly abusing her authority as governor to enrich herself and other parties.
Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) prosecutors read out the indictment during the case's first hearing at the Jakarta Corruption Court on Wednesday.
Atut allegedly misused Banten regional budget funds through budgetary adjustments at the Banten Health Agency in 2012 in relation to the procurement of medical equipment for the Banten provincial administration's partner hospitals.
KPK prosecutor Budi Nugraha said Atut had enriched herself with Rp 3.859 billion, her brother Tubagus "Wawan" Chaeri Wardana with Rp 50 billion, Yuni Astuti (Rp 23.4 billion), then agency head Djadja Buddy Suhardja (Rp 590 million), Ajat Drajat Ahmad Putra (Rp 345 million) and Banten Governor Rano Karno (Rp 300 million).
Atut also allegedly dispersed sums, ranging from Rp 1 million to Rp 134 million, to several other people.
She also allegedly provided facilities, such as vacations to Beijing, to Banten Health Agency officials, the hospital construction survey team, procurement committee and oversight committee members; worth a total of Rp 1.65 billion, to smoothen the project.
"The defendant has caused a total of Rp 79.79 billion in losses to the state," Budi said as reported by tempo.co.
Atut refused to comment after Wednesday’s hearing. (bbs)
You might also like :
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Danny McBride to play Crocodile Dundee's son in new movie