ISPO certification fails to curb deforestation, conflicts: Study
The Jakarta Post
The implementation of the country’s sustainability standards for the palm oil industry, known as the Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO), has done little to curb deforestation and land conflicts, according to a report by Forest Watch Indonesia (FWI).
FWI data showed that during the formative years of the ISPO between 2009 and 2013, deforestation — the main driver of deadly forest fir...
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos