ISPO certification fails to curb deforestation, conflicts: Study
The Jakarta Post
The implementation of the country’s sustainability standards for the palm oil industry, known as the Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO), has done little to curb deforestation and land conflicts, according to a report by Forest Watch Indonesia (FWI).
FWI data showed that during the formative years of the ISPO between 2009 and 2013, deforestation — the main driver of deadly forest fir...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one