ISPO certification fails to curb deforestation, conflicts: Study
The Jakarta Post
The implementation of the country’s sustainability standards for the palm oil industry, known as the Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO), has done little to curb deforestation and land conflicts, according to a report by Forest Watch Indonesia (FWI).
FWI data showed that during the formative years of the ISPO between 2009 and 2013, deforestation — the main driver of deadly forest fir...
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Big Bad Wolf returns to Jakarta in March