ISPO certification fails to curb deforestation, conflicts: Study
The Jakarta Post
The implementation of the country’s sustainability standards for the palm oil industry, known as the Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO), has done little to curb deforestation and land conflicts, according to a report by Forest Watch Indonesia (FWI).
FWI data showed that during the formative years of the ISPO between 2009 and 2013, deforestation — the main driver of deadly forest fir...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte