ISPO certification fails to curb deforestation, conflicts: Study
The Jakarta Post
The implementation of the country’s sustainability standards for the palm oil industry, known as the Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO), has done little to curb deforestation and land conflicts, according to a report by Forest Watch Indonesia (FWI).
FWI data showed that during the formative years of the ISPO between 2009 and 2013, deforestation — the main driver of deadly forest fir...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Indonesian Achievements Festival to recognize 72 'Icons'
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017