Businessman testifies he met with House speaker in e-ID card hearing
The Jakarta Post
Businessman Paulus Tannos, one of six witnesses presented at a hearing on embezzlement involving e-ID card procurement on Thursday, admitted he had a meeting related to the project with House of Representatives Speaker Setya Novanto.
Paulus, the owner of PT Sandipala Arthaputra, one of companies involved in the Rp 5.9 trillion (US$ 439.38 million) project, testified via teleconference from Singapore, where he lives.
“I once met with Setya Novanto at his house. At that time, he was still the chairman of the Golkar Party faction at the House,” Paulus said at the Jakarta Corruption Court .
“Andi Agustinus asked me to meet Setya together with him at the latter’s house,” he added, replying to a question by presiding judge Jhon Halasan Butarbutar.
Paulus said Andi gave him Setya’s address and told him to meet him there. When he arrived at Setya’s house, the businessman said, Andi phoned and asked him to meet directly with Setya, saying he would arrive late because he was caught in traffic.
“I introduced myself to Setya Novanto as one of the implementing parties of the [e-ID] project and gave him my business card,” said Paulus.
Paulus said he met the Golkar Party politician once again at his office at Equity Tower in the Sudirman Central Business District (SCBD), South Jakarta.
Paulus said the meeting was cut short when Setya told him he had to go to the House immediately. “By making an appointment for my meeting with Setya, I think Andi was trying to tell me he was Setya’s close friend.” (mrc/ebf)
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Celebrities lash out at Trump’s decision to ban transgenders from military service
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- PAN to withdraw from KPK inquiry committee
- City to repair sidewalks with leftover budget from Semanggi project
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Freeport yet to extend operating permit: Ministry