Indonesia's biggest trade expo eyes $1.1 billion in transactions
The Jakarta Post
The government hopes to seal transactions worth US$1.1 billion during Trade Expo Indonesia (TEI), Indonesia’s largest trade exhibition, that will run from Oct. 11 to 15.
In line with that target, it also expects the exhibition to lure in 16,000 visitors from around the world.
“To date, about 70 percent of booths have been booked. Next, we’re going to encourage state-owned enterprises [to join the expo] and approach potential buyers worldwide through our trade delegates,” said Trade Minister Enggartiasto during the launch of TEI on Thursday.
At least 132 trade officials in Indonesian embassies and Indonesian Trade Promotion Centers worldwide have been trying to persuade potential buyers to attend the expo.
The annual event comes at a time when Indonesia is struggling to jack up its exports amid weak overseas demand. This year, it hopes to raise exports by 5.6 percent to $154.6 billion.
Unlike in past years, this year’s exhibition will take place at the Indonesia Convention Exhibition Center (ICE) in BSD City, Tangerang, Banten. The exhibition will take up 15,000 square meters of space. It will present seven pavilions showcasing furniture, fashion, craft and creative products, food and beverages and other locally manufactured goods.
Last year, the event, which was held at the Jakarta International Expo in Kemayoran, Jakarta, attracted 1,066 exhibitors and booked $1.02 billion in transactions. It also saw the presence of 15,567 visitors. (lnd)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world