Shooting disrupts breaking-of-the-fast gathering at Golkar HQ
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Golkar Party reported dozens of unidentified men disrupted a breaking-of-the-fast event at the party’s headquarters in Slipi, West Jakarta, on Friday night.
The men reportedly tried to take down banners and flags representing the party’s supporting organizations in front of the office.
When a security guard tried to stop them, one of the men got angry and fired a gun into the air several times.
“The incident is under investigation. The security guards are being questioned,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Saturday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Argo said the person who reportedly fired the shots could be charged under the 1951 Emergency Law, which carries a maximum punishment of more than five years’ imprisonment.
“We will not get involved in the party’s conflicts, we are only investigating the incident,” he said.
The Golkar members who reported the case on Friday night were led by Avner Raweyai
He brought bullet casings, wood and torn flags as evidence. (dra/wit)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft