Shooting disrupts breaking-of-the-fast gathering at Golkar HQ
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Golkar Party reported dozens of unidentified men disrupted a breaking-of-the-fast event at the party’s headquarters in Slipi, West Jakarta, on Friday night.
The men reportedly tried to take down banners and flags representing the party’s supporting organizations in front of the office.
When a security guard tried to stop them, one of the men got angry and fired a gun into the air several times.
“The incident is under investigation. The security guards are being questioned,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Saturday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Argo said the person who reportedly fired the shots could be charged under the 1951 Emergency Law, which carries a maximum punishment of more than five years’ imprisonment.
“We will not get involved in the party’s conflicts, we are only investigating the incident,” he said.
The Golkar members who reported the case on Friday night were led by Avner Raweyai
He brought bullet casings, wood and torn flags as evidence. (dra/wit)
- North Jakarta court jails men for two years over 'gay sex party'
- Bali remains most popular destination for Middle Eastern tourists
- SHINee’s Jonghyun dies in hospital
- Mount Agung not a threat, let’s go to Bali: Minister
- Taeyang, Min Hyo-rin to tie the knot in early 2018
- Golkar kicks off national meeting to inaugurate Airlangga
- Bali prepares complimentary transportation, rooms if Mt. Agung erupts
- Jakarta nightclubs targeted following drug raids
- Milk, mackerel to be part of Jakarta food subsidy program
- Jakarta to procure more emissions test equipment