Golkar makes chief’s personal assistant candidate for Bandung mayor
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The Golkar Party is set to nominate Nurul Arifin, who also currently serves as a personal assistant to chairman Setya Novanto, to run in the upcoming mayoral race in Bandung, West Java.
“Yes, we have endorsed [Nurul for the 2018 election],” Setya said on the sidelines of an Idul Fitri open house held in the home of People's Consultative Assembly chief Zulkifli Hasan's on Sunday.
He added that he has signed an official letter to assign Nurul, who leads Golkar’s media and communications division, to represent the party in the election.
Nurul, a former actress, served for two terms as a lawmaker from 2004 until 2014, representing West Java. She sought reelection in 2014, but lost.
Commenting on this, Nurul said she has been made aware of the party's decision and vowed to go all out to win the election.
“God willing, I will use all of my networks. I went to school in Bandung. I will use all available resources for my candidacy,” Nurul said as quoted by Antara news agency. (dic)
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move