Golkar makes chief’s personal assistant candidate for Bandung mayor
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The Golkar Party is set to nominate Nurul Arifin, who also currently serves as a personal assistant to chairman Setya Novanto, to run in the upcoming mayoral race in Bandung, West Java.
“Yes, we have endorsed [Nurul for the 2018 election],” Setya said on the sidelines of an Idul Fitri open house held in the home of People's Consultative Assembly chief Zulkifli Hasan's on Sunday.
He added that he has signed an official letter to assign Nurul, who leads Golkar’s media and communications division, to represent the party in the election.
Nurul, a former actress, served for two terms as a lawmaker from 2004 until 2014, representing West Java. She sought reelection in 2014, but lost.
Commenting on this, Nurul said she has been made aware of the party's decision and vowed to go all out to win the election.
“God willing, I will use all of my networks. I went to school in Bandung. I will use all available resources for my candidacy,” Nurul said as quoted by Antara news agency. (dic)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta