Pelindo III seeks to expand into non-core businesses to boost revenues
The Jakarta Post
State-owned port management company PT Pelindo III wants to expand beyond its core business as part of its efforts to increase revenues this year to Rp 2 trillion (US$150 million), above its initial target of Rp 1.65 trillion.
PT Pelindo III president director Ari Ashkara said the three main port services that the company has provided – passenger terminals, boat tugging and piloting, and loading services – were limited to the ports.
“That is why we are attempting to gain more revenues outside those services,” Ari said in a statement as quoted by Antara news agency. “For example, we are now offering cooperation in operating tugboats,” he said, adding that the company recently bought 15 new tugboats to increase the fleet to 90.
He said the company also had plans to try to enter the energy sector through cooperation with fellow government-owned firms, such as oil and gas firm Pertamina and electricity firm PLN.
PT Pelindo III is also considering expanding into heavy machinery logistics, he added.
With all the expansion plans, the company hopes to increase the revenues of its non-core business from 30 percent to 40 percent of its total revenues.
As for the three port services the company offers, 70 percent of the overall revenues come from loading services and 27 percent from ship tugging and piloting, and only 3 percent from passenger services. (dea/ags)
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- In one tweet, Kylie Jenner wiped out $1.3 billion of Snap’s market value
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year