SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
Gerindra Party chairman and former presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto arrived at the private residence of former president and Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in Cikeas, West Java, at 8.30 p.m. on Thursday.
The patrons of the two largest opposition parties were scheduled to have closed-door talks about the newly passed election bill, during the deliberation of which both parties opposed the government's decision to retain the 25 percent presidential threshold.
"I come here for a silaturahim [a strengthening of friendly ties]," Prabowo told reporters upon arrival.
Yudhoyono was ready to serve his guest nasi goreng (fried rice) cooked by a street food seller the former president had summoned to the house.
Read also: SBY, Prabowo meet to discuss election
Many believe the meeting was also aimed at pondering a possible alliance between the two parties ahead of the 2019 presidential election.
“[A coalition] could be established. It could happen as we have similarities of vision,” Dems deputy chairman Syarief Hasan said. (bbs)
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- EDITORIAL: Boring, yet realistic budget
- Status: Online, but not present