Indonesia seeks commitment from Iran on oil field exploration
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia is seeking a commitment from the Iranian government over an agreement signed by state-owned energy company Pertamina and its Iranian counterpart, National Iran Oil Company (NIOC), in August last year on the exploration of the Ab-Teymour and Mansouri oil and gas fields in Iran.
Pertamina and NIOC signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to carry out a preliminary study on the oil and gas fields.
"The discussion about two oil blocks that have around 3 billion barrels of oil reserves have been on and off. We want to know if they will give them to us or not," said Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Pandjaitan over the weekendRead also: Pertamina assesses two oil fields in Iran
Luhut is on an official visit to Iran from Saturday to Monday. He represented President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo at the inauguration of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Saturday.
Another issue to be discussed during the visit is another MoU between state-owned electricity company PLN and Iranian enterprise Mapna Group signed in February, Luhut added.
"It is about a plan to create an electricity turbine, developed and licensed by Siemens and costing 40 percent less than the one made in Indonesian,” he said.
Indonesia and Iran’s trade balance stood at US$221.31 million between January and October last year, roughly $10 million less than that recorded in the same period in 2015. (dis/bbn)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one