Golkar pledges to bring victory to Jokowi in 2019
The Jakarta Post
The Golkar Party has pledged to support the reelection bid of President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo in the 2019 presidential election and that it would deliver the bulk of votes for the incumbent.
Golkar secretary-general Idrus Marham said on Saturday that the party could bring in roughly 65 percent of the vote for Jokowi.
"I can say that Golkar can deliver 65 percent of the vote for Jokowi regardless of who challenges him in the election," Idrus said as quoted by tempo.co on Saturday.
He said Golkar was currently focusing on garnering more votes for Jokowi and that support for the incumbent was a foregone conclusion.
He said the fact that Golkar chairman Setya Novanto was being investigated by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) for his alleged role in the e-ID card graft case would not change the party's stance on Jokowi.
He said Setya’s case had nothing to do with Jokowi’s reelection bid. "There's no correlation. On one hand we abide by the law, but on the political side, we maintain our support for Jokowi," he said.
The KPK in July named Setya a suspect in the e-ID graft case, which reportedly caused Rp 2.3 trillion in state losses.
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste