Man murdered for stealing e-cigarette
The Jakarta Post
A group of people killed a man accused of stealing an electronic cigarette worth Rp 1.6 million (US$121).
The man, identified as Abi Qowi Suparto, 20, allegedly stole the cigarette from the Old Vape House store in Tebet Barat Raya, South Jakarta.
The head of the Jakarta Police violent crimes unit, Hendy F. Kurniawan, said that four of the seven alleged perpetrators were arrested on Thursday night at two separate electronic cigarette stores in Tebet Barat Raya and in Pejompongan, Central Jakarta.
Of the seven alleged perpetrators, four were named: Rajasa Sri Herlambang, 34; Fachmi Kurnia Firmansyah, 39; Armyando Azmir, 40; and Aditya Putra Wiyanto, 20. “The remaining three suspects were still at large,” Hendy said.
Hendy explained that the victim was attacked by the seven men at the vape store in Pejompongan on Aug. 28 after the owner of Old Vape House, Fachmi, posted a picture of Abi on Instagram account @rumahtuavape.
After finding Abi, the seven persons took him to the Pejompongan store and attacked him while being recorded. The video of the attack went viral two days after the death of Abi.
“The persecution or premeditated murder happened at the store,” Hendy said as quoted by tempo.co.
Abi was found a day after the attack in critical condition. He died on Sept. 3 at Tarakan Hospital in Central Jakarta, Hendy said.
The police seized a number of items as evidence, including an iron rod and a cellphone found at the Pejompongan store. (vny)
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- Zero down-payment housing not for all: Sandiaga
- Shuttlers try newly renovated Istora stadium ahead of Indonesia Masters
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- 'Scandal,' the show that Twitter built, bows out