JIIPE’s clean cluster in Gresik offered to F&B, pharmaceutical firms
The Jakarta Post
The Java Integrated Industrial and Port Estate (JIIPE) believes that the clean block cluster at its industrial estate in Gresik, East Java, will be fully occupied by tenants from the food, beverage and pharmaceutical sectors by 2019.
The 80-hectare block will receive energy supply from an independent 23-megawatt power plant and independent water supply to reduce costs. The JIIPE is also considering building a liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in the complex to supply cheap gas.
“What we emphasize here is that this industrial estate is managed based on cluster. This clean bloc is specifically for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries,” said JIIPE marketing and tenant relations head Sianny Indrawati during the firm’s co-organized Investment Outlook event in Jakarta on Tuesday.
Bread manufacturer Nippon Indosari Corpindo is now the sole tenant of the bloc, but Sianny said downstream food and beverage firms had started to express their interest.
If there is more demand, JIIPE plans to develop a clean bloc stage II for the upstream sector of the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries near a seaport.
The complex also has another cluster with at least five tenants, including specialty chemical firm PT Clariants Indonesia.
According to the JIIPE master plan, the whole complex will contain a 1,761-ha industrial park, a 400-ha seaport and an 800-ha Grand Estate Marina (GEM) city.
The land price is Rp 2.2 million (US$164.9) per square meter, excluding value-added tax. (bbn)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire