Agus Yudhoyono continues political safari, meets with Prabowo
The Jakarta Post
Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono, the son of former president and Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, continued his trip to meet senior figures in an attempt to gain support and possible political alliances.
Agus paid a visit to Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto at the latter’s private residence in Kertanegara, South Jakarta, on Tuesday evening, or one week after he met with Vice President Jusuf Kalla in Makassar, South Sulawesi, last Friday.
Democratic Party Deputy Secretary-General Rachland Nashidik said Prabowo and Agus talked about geopolitical issues in their one-and-a-half-hour meeting.
He added that they also discussed the situation in Indonesia, which many people say is in dire need of a leader who can embrace all societal elements and is not selfish.
“Both of them specifically discussed the idea of a leader who can unite different political views in the country’s democracy,” said Rachland, as quoted by kompas.com.
“They also prayed and wished for the health and success of each other,” he said.
Many political experts believe that Agus’ political maneuver was part of a scheme to enter bigger political competitions in the near future, after he was defeated in this year’s Jakarta gubernatorial election. (foy/ebf)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors