Agus Yudhoyono continues political safari, meets with Prabowo
The Jakarta Post
Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono, the son of former president and Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, continued his trip to meet senior figures in an attempt to gain support and possible political alliances.
Agus paid a visit to Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto at the latter’s private residence in Kertanegara, South Jakarta, on Tuesday evening, or one week after he met with Vice President Jusuf Kalla in Makassar, South Sulawesi, last Friday.
Democratic Party Deputy Secretary-General Rachland Nashidik said Prabowo and Agus talked about geopolitical issues in their one-and-a-half-hour meeting.
He added that they also discussed the situation in Indonesia, which many people say is in dire need of a leader who can embrace all societal elements and is not selfish.
“Both of them specifically discussed the idea of a leader who can unite different political views in the country’s democracy,” said Rachland, as quoted by kompas.com.
“They also prayed and wished for the health and success of each other,” he said.
Many political experts believe that Agus’ political maneuver was part of a scheme to enter bigger political competitions in the near future, after he was defeated in this year’s Jakarta gubernatorial election. (foy/ebf)
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- BI to punish payment service providers using Bitcoin
- Jonghyun's last album released posthumously
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake