Agus Yudhoyono continues political safari, meets with Prabowo
The Jakarta Post
Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono, the son of former president and Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, continued his trip to meet senior figures in an attempt to gain support and possible political alliances.
Agus paid a visit to Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto at the latter’s private residence in Kertanegara, South Jakarta, on Tuesday evening, or one week after he met with Vice President Jusuf Kalla in Makassar, South Sulawesi, last Friday.
Democratic Party Deputy Secretary-General Rachland Nashidik said Prabowo and Agus talked about geopolitical issues in their one-and-a-half-hour meeting.
He added that they also discussed the situation in Indonesia, which many people say is in dire need of a leader who can embrace all societal elements and is not selfish.
“Both of them specifically discussed the idea of a leader who can unite different political views in the country’s democracy,” said Rachland, as quoted by kompas.com.
“They also prayed and wished for the health and success of each other,” he said.
Many political experts believe that Agus’ political maneuver was part of a scheme to enter bigger political competitions in the near future, after he was defeated in this year’s Jakarta gubernatorial election. (foy/ebf)
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Government to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers