Agus Yudhoyono continues political safari, meets with Prabowo
The Jakarta Post
Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono, the son of former president and Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, continued his trip to meet senior figures in an attempt to gain support and possible political alliances.
Agus paid a visit to Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto at the latter’s private residence in Kertanegara, South Jakarta, on Tuesday evening, or one week after he met with Vice President Jusuf Kalla in Makassar, South Sulawesi, last Friday.
Democratic Party Deputy Secretary-General Rachland Nashidik said Prabowo and Agus talked about geopolitical issues in their one-and-a-half-hour meeting.
He added that they also discussed the situation in Indonesia, which many people say is in dire need of a leader who can embrace all societal elements and is not selfish.
“Both of them specifically discussed the idea of a leader who can unite different political views in the country’s democracy,” said Rachland, as quoted by kompas.com.
“They also prayed and wished for the health and success of each other,” he said.
Many political experts believe that Agus’ political maneuver was part of a scheme to enter bigger political competitions in the near future, after he was defeated in this year’s Jakarta gubernatorial election. (foy/ebf)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC